Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My daddy and 9 songs

My dad and I have always been more like siblings in most ways. This is how our relationship usually goes:


Which often results in this:


Which translates to "I love you" in normal people language.

We constantly annoy eachother to the point where my mom has to yell at us to stop. It's a good thing at least one of us is mature.

Like one time while we were grocery shopping, when my dad pulled my flip flops off my feet and kicked them across the supermarket, causing me to run barefoot while laughing like an idiot. Or whenever we walk into a restaurant or any other type of public establishment where animals are not allowed, I have to go through this:


Seriously, though, we really do love eachother and relate in so many ways.

I believe one of the things that connects us the most is music. We've been doing music together ever since I can remember - usually him playing an instrument while I sing. During our last family road trip to the beach, we made a list of songs we could try once we got back. And then he gave me a challenge. I had to make a drawing for each song and then post them on the blog. Hence all this useless chatter I call an introduction.

So here we go.

1. Blue Moon

2. Dream a little Dream of Me

3. More Than Words

4. Fly me to the Moon

5. Smoke gets in your Eyes

6. Someone to Watch over Me

7. Somewhere Over the Rainbow

8. The way you look tonight

9. Somewhere beyond the sea

1 comment:

  1. It might be inspired by Hyperbole and a Half…but I like it, Lauren :-)

    ReplyDelete