Friday, March 11, 2011

Cats

Prepare for a very random selection of cat related drawings. I think there might be logic behind most of them.




This first sequence I did a while back. I planned on making it more elaborate but it just sat there for months so finally I was like, "screw it, I'll post it now" so here it is. A short list of things cats hate.

1. Cats do not like hugs. They might come to you when they're in a happy mood, but they do not consider you their friends. They consider you their feeding person and anti-stress soft pillow, but not their friends.

2. This is something my dad constantly does. Breathing in a cat's face soon after a meal. For some reason, he thinks the cat will enjoy the smell of his food. The point is, before or after eating, a cat will never enjoy having your breath all over its face. But after eating is worse.

3. When a cat is like this:

Or especially like this:


Do not EVER, under any circumstances, sneak up on them. Even though it is tempting.
They will hate you forever and most likely plot an evil revenge by killing you in your sleep.




The next sequence came up while talking to my friend. She mentioned a cat in heat outside her window that sounded like a badly tuned violin. Cats in heat are a PAIN. When my cat went into heat for the first time, I was lucky enough to be at a friend's house for the weekend. My parents were left in charge of the animals. After the first day, I got a call from my dad. "LAUREN. WE NEED TO SPAY THIS CAT. NOW. SHE'S CREEPING ME OUT. EWWW CHERRY THAT'S DISGUSTING STOP THAT!!! Lauren, seriously, call the vet and book her surgery."

Although I never had to witness my cat in heat, I had to deal with my friend's cat for years. I used to have lunch at her house every week and, I swear, it seemed like that cat was constantly in heat. Or maybe she just liked acting that way and got used to it. Either way, that cat was disturbing. I'd get to my friend's place and was forced to face this scene:


One day, the cat suddenly realized my backpack, innocently left lying on the floor, was the love of her life she had been for so long searching for. It was love at first sight. Undeniable. Unconditional. And most likely unrequited. But she didn't care. She confidently went after my backpack.


For everyone's sake, let's leave that sequence at that.




This last sequence also came up in a conversation with my friend. I'm not really sure how to explain this one. But somehow we came up with the idea of a killer cat/kid hybrid. I call him killer kidkat.







Just to make it clear, I have nothing against cats. Quite on the contrary, I absolutely love them. I grew up with cats and my house feels empty without one. I relate to them and really. They're just full of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment